Yellow Ribbon Program
Indiana Tech participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program through the VA Chapter 33 Post-9/11 G.I. Bill. This program is not a scholarship program. You must meet the VA requirements in order to participate. Indiana Tech does not limit the number of students allowed into the program as long as all requirements below are met.
Indiana Tech provides up to $5,000 per academic year for each Yellow Ribbon eligible student.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have applied for the Post-9/11 Ch. 33 G.I. Bill with the Department of Veteran Affairs using VA Form 22-1990.
- Understand that the Department of Veteran Affairs formally establishes eligibility for the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill’s Yellow Ribbon Program and participation is contingent on Department of Veteran Affairs’ approval for such benefits.
- Understand that you must be 100 percent eligible for the Post-9/11 Ch. 33 G.I. Bill as determined by the Department of Veteran Affairs, based on the following qualifications:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months, or
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for service-related disability, and I served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001, or
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.